Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 2 Post Retrieval

My nurse called me at 7:50 this AM to let me know that we still have 12 embryos. All are between 2 and 5 cells which is normal for this point in development. My transfer is scheduled for 9:30AM tomorrow, and I have to be there with a partially full bladder and more to drink by 8:30. If they decide to cancel my transfer for tomorrow and postpone it to Tuesday, I should know by 7:30. To be honest, I'm really hoping for a transfer tomorrow. I think I'd just feel better knowing that they are where they belong to grow best.

I'm taking Estrace twice a day, and endometrin suppositories 3x/day. They aren't as bad as I thought they'd be.

I'm tired, not sure if that is because of the night I had, or if it's the progesterone starting to kick in, or a combo of both. Our greyhound had his first seizure (that we're aware of) at 3:30 this morning. It scared me half to death, he flew out of our bed, stumbled around before smacking into our closet door with his head, then laid down and was staring into space. It only lasted all of a few minutes, but I felt helpless to just sit there, pet him, and talk calmly to him. I called our greyhound guru in our group and she said that the e-vet wouldn't do anything for him anyway besides run bloodwork at this point, and unless they're having more than one seizure a month, they don't usually treat it. She said it's ok to wait until Monday to call the vet and get a regular appointment with them.

Then at 4:30, Jack called me into his room and said, "I wanted to tell you I love you and I miss you, but my nose is stuffed up and I keep blowing it." So I had him give it another good blow, have some water, and went to bend down and kiss him and he was burning up. I got the thermometer to check him out, and his temp was 104.5. And, of course, I threw out the tylenol a couple of months ago because it was expired and forgot to pick more up. Luckily, Archie was home so I went to Walgreens to pick some up. He complained that his arm and his legs hurt, and his tummy felt "crunchy" and when I asked what that meant he said, "It means it's going to explode." Great. His temp when I called the pediatrician at 2:45pm was 103.9, two hours after his last dose of tylenol. We're now rotating tylenol with motrin and his temp is down to 100.9. We'll take it. She said they are seeing alot of influenza (yes, he got the flu shot) this year and it sounds like what he has. If he still has a fever he'll be seen on Monday AM.

I had an acupuncture appointment at 8am today for my pre-transfer, and I'll see her either tomorrow (on her normal day off-she's awesome!) right after my transfer, or on Tuesday right after.

I don't pray for a baby with Jack after our last cycle (I ask Him to protect us, and continue to provide for us in ways that only He can), but last night as we said our prayers together, he said he wanted to ask God for something and I told him he could. He asked God for a baby, either a brother or a sister and told God he would take either one. I just thought that was sweet. He's obviously been with me to the doctor's alot throughout this because it's appointments every other day, usually right as we're leaving from my work. The other day as I dropped him off at school and told him to have a great day, his response was, "Have a great day at the doctor's!" I think he was just happy not to have to go that day, who could blame him?

I continue to have alot of support all the way around, and I can't tell you how much it means to me. Thank you for the continued prayers and support. If you wouldn't mind adding to your prayers that I don't get the flu from little man while we're in this TWW, that would be great.

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up on your blog!! Congrats on having 12 embabies. 15 mature eggs and 12 embryos were the exact same numbers we had this cycle :)I will keep my fingers crossed for you. So happy for you!