Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Our Trip to See My Grandmother

I know, I'm a slacker. Obviously I can't hack this posting everyday bit.

My mom and I drove up to visit my grandmother. She seemed very talkative today (whereas last visit we couldn't get 5 words out of her), seemed upbeat, and seemed to recognize us, well, at least my mom. I wasn't convinced that she recognized me, but that's ok. She seemed more clear than our last visit, and for that I was grateful. She seemed emotional when we left, we had told her that due to the weather up north during the winter, we probably wouldn't be back until closer to Spring. I'm not sure if that is what she was emotional about, or that she'd seen my mom who she hasn't seen in a long time, or what it really was. I feel really bad and wish I could find time to go up over the winter, but even if I did, I'd be afraid to leave Jack behind. Afraid that I might get into an accident because of the weather, that something might happen back home and if I got stranded up there and couldn't get back...my mind wanders, and of course, never to good things. My biggest fear is something happening to him, my second biggest is something happening to me and Archie and us not being there for him. If something happened to my grandmother and she needed us there, we'd be there, no question, but just to go up and visit for an hour or so before she gets tired I'm having some trouble seeing.

Our trip wasn't too bad, not much traffic (until we got back into MD), about a total of 9.5 hours on the road. My mom and I talked a lot, and didn't really argue, so I'm happy about that.

All in all, it was a good visit. And I'm glad I got some time with my mom too.

No comments:

Post a Comment