Friday, November 6, 2009

NaBloPoMo and IComLeavWe

Ah, do any of you not familiar with the title of this post want to know what in the world it is? NaBloPoMo stands for National Blog Post Month and the goal is to post at least once a day. IComLeavWe is something I've participated in since September and it runs for a week (21st-28th of the month), and the goal is to read and comment on 5 other blogs that are participating, and do one response to a comment you got.

They are combining the two this month. This is going to be a real challenge for me since I've only been posting when I have something to say. I have to write everyday this month (starting today for me, LOL) about whatever since there isn't a theme at the moment.

Today I want to write about something that makes me happy, and has nothing to do with my Jack. I want to tell you that my cousin and her husband are pregnant, and the best news is that the baby at yesterday's 20 week ultrasound looked healthy! You're probably thinking, ok...why are you so happy, it's not you...I'm so happy because after two pregnancies, they are, hopefully since we are all praying for them, going to be bringing home a beautiful baby girl in March. You see, my cousin and her husband have had one miscarriage, and one pregnancy where their sweet son Isaac was born with a major abdominal wall defect, and due to that defect's impact on his lungs, he lived 16 minutes before going home to God. That was a year ago this October. It's been a long few years for them, but they've been so strong, so brave, and so faithful, and now things are going well. I love them, I love my son, and I know that they love Isaac and this sweet little girl growing inside. And so I am very happy for them.

Stacy has a blog as well-He Will Carry Me. She's very open and it's a great blog for those who are struggling with the loss of a child. She blogs about her good days and bad, how she has handled life since, and how she has begun to find a new "norm".

No comments:

Post a Comment