Monday, March 22, 2010

So Sorry!

My ICLW'ers will have to look back at last month for my intro. I'm sorry, I broke my left wrist in 3 places on Friday while attempting to do some house repairs and I now have one hand to type with. I have an appointment Wednesday morning to determine if surgery is needed.

The good news is that my husband and father-in-law were able to finish the repairs safely, and I did some one-handed container gardening. After watching "Food Inc." and learning in particular about the food industry and things that the consumers are not told, I decided we will be buying local and organic whenever possible. In addition to that I planted lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, broccoli, and strawberries in my containers. Our town has a farmer's market May through November that I will be making trips to. I found a cattle farm which uses no antibiotics or hormones, (and while their cattle feed does have some corn in it, the cattle are allowed to roam in the pasture and eat grass as well) and they sell at the market, and she has a chicken farmer who she will be sharing her booth with this year, so we are hoping to be able to take advantage of this.

Of course, this broken arm means I cannot work, which means that we will not be seeing my normal paycheck = hold on paying off credit cards, hold on any possible treatments at this point...it sucks but all we can do is roll with it.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! I'm impressed that you were able to type that much! Good luck with healing...and your garden sounds superb! Can't wait to get mine planted this year, too!

    Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so frustrating sweetie. I'm so sorry you're in pain but even worse, I feel bad that you can't cycle because of the money issue. I really hope you make a speedy recovery. Thinking of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hat is off to you for doing so much one handed. Hoping for quick healing for you.

    ReplyDelete