Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Learn to Pay Attention Mommy!

I learned a little lesson today, and it is one I often preach to Jack. Pay attention!!!!

We were having a conversation that we have multiple times throughout the day, and thus, I wasn't paying much attention to what he nor I were saying. I was on the computer, and he was informing me that he has a penis because he is a boy. Yeah yeah, I hear this all day long...so, I said yes, you are a boy. He told me, "You don't have a penis Mommy because you are a girl." That's right. He asks me, "Mommy, what's yours called?" Still, I didn't perk up. I told him what it was, and he repeated it. Then he says, "What's it for?" Before I realized what I said, out comes "having babies and going pee pee." It was one of those moments where something leaves your mouth before you can censor it, and you're holding your breath waiting for the fallout. He didn't miss a beat, and said to me, "Silly Mommy, babies don't come from there!" Oh, Thank God!!!! So I asked him where babies come from, and his response..."They come from your work where all the babies are!" That's right baby! Whew!!!

You can bet I'll be paying better attention!!!

2 comments:

  1. omg! I am laughing so hard there are tears streaming down my face and I almost peed my pants from where babies don't come from!!! He is the loveliest, sweetest boy in the whole world!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete