Saturday, March 13, 2010

Dreams

There isn't too much going on for me to post about, so I thought I'd tell you about some things that have happened, dream-related, over the last week.

I had a dream about a week ago, that one of my coworkers was going around telling people that I was pregnant and I was so mad. This dream however really didn't make too much sense because in my dream, I looked like I was about 32 weeks pregnant, so how people wouldn't have known already is beyond me. But it was a funny dream, and if it can't be real, dreams will have to suffice for now!

Then when I was at work the other night, one of our unit secretaries, told me that she'd had a dream about me. In it, I was pregnant (I had to ask how pregnant when she got further into it, it's the NICU nurse in me, and turns out I was "huge"), and in labor on our unit in the middle of the hall. She said she had never heard anyone scream like that. She said that one of our other coworkers was having a hissy fit about where the Labor and Delivery team was when they are only one floor above us, and wanted to know what the heck was taking so long. Then she woke up. It's funny because unless I absolutely had to, I wouldn't choose my hospital to deliver, just because I work with all of those people everyday, and I would want some privacy. The other part is that I am a wuss when it comes to pain, so you had better believe I would absolutely not be handling it well!! My coworker did tell me that the last time she had a pregnancy dream about someone, it was another coworker, and that when she'd told the person about the dream, she said she hoped it would come true. This person has a history of 6 miscarriages, and two live children, but she came back a few days later and confided in her that she was in fact pregnant (the result was her youngest daughter).

I could hope right?!?!?

1 comment: