Sunday, August 1, 2010

I love the conversations with Jack. He is so inquisitive, has to know how things work, why we do certain things, etc., and the other day was just full of questions for him.

The other afternoon we were looking at my friend L's babies on Facebook, and Jack asked, "Who dose babies Mommy?" I told him that they were the babies that had been in Ms. L's tummy, but that they were out now. He pondered this for a minute and then said, "Mommy, I want you to have another baby in your tummy." Me too buddy, me too.

Every night I say prayers with Jack. Every night I thank God for every minute we have with Jack, and I pray that He will give us many more days and years together. I have to pray for this because no life on this earth is guaranteed, I know that all too well with my job. Anyway, Jack turns to me after prayers and whispers, "Mommy, why did you and Daddy pick me?" I thought that was an odd question given the fact that he is our biological child, it's not like we chose him from an orphanage. I could have been a wiseass and told him that the doctor picked him because he was the best looking embryo we had. But instead I told him that we didn't pick him, that God decided he would answer our prayers by taking a little bit of Mommy and a little bit of Daddy to make him, and then put him in my tummy to grow. As always my curious child had yet another question..."What parts of you and Daddy did He take?" Hahaha. I told him that He took the best parts of both of us, like Daddy's smile, Mommy's love for animals, my pickiness, and Daddy's sense of humor. Then I told him that even if God hadn't given him to us, but had us choose from a bunch of kids, one of them being Jack, that we still would have picked him. We would have picked him because he is so sweet, gentle, kind-hearted, affectionate, and funny. He seemed satisfied with that answer.

Maybe soon all of our wishes, prayers and dreams will be answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment