Saturday, September 19, 2009

Crazy

Crazy...that is how I would describe my life since I last posted. I have a ton of things to put into this post, so I will try to organize it to flow as best I can, but it may just sound like a bunch of thoughts.

My brain is fried. We came back from vacation to a stinky house. What was that smell? Our roof was leaking into our bedroom, had saturated our carpet and our wall had a watermark going to the floor. We called in a roofer and are going to have to replace our roof. Then we're going to have to probably have some mold/mildew remediation done. Perhaps not in that order. They may start the remediation before the roof is done. That said, I'm calling our homeowner's insurance on Monday morning to see if they will cover any of those expenses. So that's what we've been dealing with for the last week.

We are now 8 days away from our basket and bags bingo. Exciting? Yes. Stressful? Heck yes! Overwhelmed, well that about describes me at the moment. We have had 14 people reserve tickets which is great. But we have 210 seats to fill. And the Raven's game is at 1pm on that day. I didn't think to check our football team's schedule when we planned this event. That may account for some of the poor response. Being as we took all of the money we had raised with our yard sale back in June and put it towards this and then the additional money we've invested into this, I'm a little panicky.

That said, we have had the event posted on multiple websites, craigslist, facebook, our city's newspaper, and hopefully next week the people at our local newspaper will finally publish our ad there too. Thursday night my mom and I went to one bingo hall in an attempt to post up flyers on cars, and quickly got booted by the security guy. We tried another and were able to put a bunch of flyers on cars, as well as cars at a nearby grocery store. Then before I came into work last night I went to my fire station's bingo hall and put flyers out on the tables hoping that we might get a few interested people there. I will do the same thing tonight before I come back into work. I need to talk to my Longaberger rep and get our baskets which should be in(lest I really lose it!), pick up tickets for the raffles, put out more flyers at the bingo halls on Friday and Saturday night, go get all of the food for the kitchen, pick up a few more things for the baskets and organize them.

My request is simple. Please pray for us to sell all of our tickets, to at the very least break even and not lose money with this event, and for us to handle whatever the outcome of next Sunday is as best we can. Thanks guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment