Saturday, August 8, 2009

Update on fundraiser and emotional status

So it seems that posting to get my feelings out may actually help. I've been asked if my friend I referenced in my other blog looks at my blog, and I believe she does. Does that worry me, not particularly as I know that all of us who have dealt with infertility can identify with the jealousy we sometimes feel towards others who are pregnant whether it occured with or without help. Would my feelings change toward her because she is pregnant is another question I've been asked. Absolutely not. I love my friend and she would be my friend regardless of whether or not she was pregnant. That said, I'm feeling much better this weekend about it and not so jealous, so I'm glad to report that.

As far as our bingo fundraiser goes, we've got times set and info available! We are having a 1/2 Longaberger Basket 1/2 Vera Bradley Bingo on Sunday, September 27, 2009 at Elkridge Volunteer Fire Department located at 6275 Old Washington Rd in Elkridge, MD 21075. Doors open at 12:30pm, games start at 2pm. Tickets are $18 in advance, or $20 at the door and each person admitted must purchase a package (including children). Only 210 tickets will be sold. Food and drinks will be available for purchase. There will be 20 regular games (5 specials included) and two jackpots (one Vera, one Longaberger-these are extra cost), as well as door prizes. Multiple raffles including a 50/50 raffle, a Vera Bradley set, a Longaberger set. There will be a King Tutt, cash pull tabs, and a balloon pop! Parking is limited at the station, but you may park at Norbel School about 2 blocks down from the fire station on same side, and there will be a shuttle to help transport you to the hall until 2pm. People who purchase tickets in advance must be there to check in no later than 1:30 or your seat will be released.

If you know of any businesses or individuals (especially people who do things like Pampered Chef, Arbonne, Tastefully Simple, Party Lite, etc) who would be interested in donating and letting us advertise their business at the bingo, please have them contact us!

If anyone wants to help, we still need some people to come out that day and help us run this bingo. We'd be forever grateful!!!!

1 comment: