Thursday, October 8, 2009

Parenthood For Me

So I was checking out my fellow blogger Stephanie's post for today. I am so excited I could give this girl a huge hug for passing this info along. She posted about a national not-for-profit organization called Parenthood For Me.

Their mission is to provide financial and emotional support to those building their families through adoption or medical intervention. They will be accepting their first grant applications in January 2010. The first set of grants will be awarded in June 2010. Visit the website FAQ page to find out more details.

I think this is a wonderful and important cause given the incredible amounts required for fertility treatments and adoptions. My hope is that some of you reading this blog will be able to either: 1) help this resource by contributing to their fund, or 2) use this resource to help build your own families. Perhaps some of you fellow bloggers would also post their info to help get the word out, and the group will be successful helping many others just like us!

Their information can be found here:
http://www.parenthoodforme.org/

and their blog here:
http://parenthoodforme.blogspot.com/

PFM is also holding a giveaway on their blog to boost awareness of their organization. Please participate to help out this promising organization!

We may not know yet which path God will lead us back to yet, but it will be one of these two paths. I pray that when the time comes for us to proceed, that organizations like Parenthood For Me will be able to help.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this. I appreciate the help!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found the posting. I think it's wonderful that this organization exists. I wish there were more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I left you an email that you won the giveaway. I just need your mailing address. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete