Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

Today has been a very busy day, but I just wanted to post briefly about the wonderful man I call my husband and father of our son. When I met Archie, he was very involved in the lives of his niece and newphew. I saw how much he cared for them, and it didn't take long for me to realize that he would be just as dedicated and nurturing with any children we might be blessed to have.

He has never let me down with that. He was truly invested in our IVF cycles, and it didn't take long for him to start taking care of the child growing inside of me when we did become pregnant in April of 2006. I was sick as a dog as early as our first ultrasound at 6.5 weeks to confirm the pregnancy. I attempted to lean my head out of the window of our car to throw up as we were driving 60mph on I-95 after our appointment. But you see, what happens when you do it at 60mph is that it comes back in the window and all over the inside of your car. Before we got home, I'd become sick one more time without any notice, so then it was all down the front of me and the front floor of the car. Without any whining or complaining, he went inside to get clean pants for me to wear into the house (I'd taken off my soaked jeans in the car), got me settled on the couch where I was moaning because I was so nauseated, and promptly went out and cleaned the inside of our car, and left the windows open to air out so that the next time I got in the smell didn't make me sick. Throughout my pregnancy I was constantly nauseated and threw up often (I gained 6 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight by the time our son was born), and he just rubbed my back, got me cold washcloths for my forehead in an attempt to keep me from passing out at the sink, and cleaned up after me almost daily.

He has been nothing but wonderful with our son. He shows his love in everything he does. He is so nurturing, plays with Jack all of the time, kisses all of his many boo-boos, makes sure he gets his medicines and gets lathered up for his eczema (most of the time, LOL), always checks to make sure his food is safe (Jack has food allergies), and is just completely devoted to our family. He is everything I ever wanted the father of my children to be. I wish that every child could have a father like him in their lives, and hopefully once our profile is being shown to expectant families, they will think so too. We think he's the best there is!

Happy Father's Day Arch!

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more- 150%! You're the best Archie!
    Love Mom(2)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to wish you the best of luck. My husband and I also struggled with infertility for over five years. We were active in infertility treatments for over a year before we were blessed and are 5 1/2 months pregnant now. During that time we briefly looked into adoption...it's a difficult decision and even more difficult process. We are looking forward to participating in your event and please know that your family will be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete